On-call counsel makes nonprofit organizations healthier, more stable and better able to stay mission focused.
Nonprofit organizations deserve legal advice they can call on. Whether they are considering new opportunities, navigating difficult dynamics or need help understanding and negotiating contract terms, nonprofits benefit most from having counsel who understand their business, their budgets and the specific issues they encounter.
Most organizations do not look for outside counsel unless they feel they have to. Many relationships with counsel begin with organizations asking for assistance to fix a specific problem or consider a proposed transaction. Healthier organizations proactively screen for legal issues and invite periodic compliance checks, establishing relationships with counsel so that reliable advice is easily accessible when needed.
Here’s just a short list of the general counsel services we provide for nonprofits:
- Counsel on call for day-to-day and emergency matters
- Reviewing contracts to help organizations negotiate for better terms and understand “industry standard” arrangements
- Legal health screenings and compliance checks
- Risk management
- Prioritizing legal concerns
- Mapping of organizational infrastructure
- Designing systems for compliance
- Quarterbacking HR matters (facilitating affordable review of employee handbooks, contracts and offer letters, employee benefit compliance, etc.)
- Real estate and tax matters
- Advice when considering new relationships, be it a vendor or joint venture
- Tax-exempt compliance
- Reviewing IRS Forms 990
- Advice on handling governance and conflict of interest issues
- Bylaws review and revision
- Policy drafting and review