Operations & Legal Assistant
FULL-TIME hourly position (40 hours/week); compensation dependent on experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan, and paid time off.
If you are a self-driven, highly organized, and technology savvy Operations/Legal Assistant, have at least two years of administrative experience working within a professional services company, and are looking to serve the nonprofit sector – we would love to hear from you. As an integral member of the Firm’s operations, the Assistant will often be the initial point of contact for clients when contacting the firm.
Description of core responsibilities :
- Provide functional operations/administrative support and communications to perform daily services under supervision; offer reception services to clients
- Prepare business correspondence as requested by attorneys and supervisor
- Provide paralegal assistance as needed for client matters and projects; draft visual tools and communications
- Perform basic office maintenance and light custodial duties to maintain office, kitchen, and bathroom inventory
- Gather and sort mail; deliver mail to the post office; coordinate Firm and client meetings; coordinate lunch order and pickup for client and Firm meetings
- Maintain friendly vendor relationships and monitor quality compliance, making suggestions for vendor service improvement
- Communicate IT issues with supervisor and outside tech agent as needed
- Be alert to any necessary facility repairs and report to supervisor or to landlord as needed
- Assist with annual renewal process of corporate registrations, attorney registrations, bar memberships; coordinate attorney CLE participation (webinar registration, travel, etc.)
- Aid in website and social media updates; suggest marketing and advertising opportunities as appropriate
- Suggest improvements for office policies and procedures as appropriate
- Read and disseminate relevant articles and CLE opportunities; stay apprised of changes to nonprofit law and updates relevant to Firm and/or clients
- Additional projects as requested by Office Manager, Operations Director, and/or Principal Attorney
- High School Diploma (required), Associate/Bachelor’s degree (preferred), paralegal certification and/or prior work experience considered in place of degree
- Preferred experience in law firm, accounting, finance, nonprofits, or related field
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office suite
- Problem-solving skills; detail-oriented
- Flexible; develop new skills quickly
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Initiative, appreciable work ethic; “no job is too small” mentality
- Highly organized and tenacious follow-through
- Positive, upbeat personality
- Able to remain calm and alert, especially during stressful situations
- Embrace a culture of service, learning, integrity, and teamwork
- High level of integrity and good judgement
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Background investigation, including a drug screen, will be performed after an offer is extended.
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and interviews are ongoing.
About Cheshire Law Group:
Cheshire Law Group is a for-profit law firm that exclusively serves nonprofit organizations, meeting the unique legal needs of the nonprofit sector by providing high-quality, affordable legal services. We seek systemic solutions and have long-term relationships with many of our clients. Nonprofit organizations of all types and sizes benefit from our assistance with startup, repositioning, and crisis management, and our role as outside general counsel on-call. The firm is located in the historic Clarkson-Watson House in the Germantown area of Philadelphia, once headquarters of Thomas Jefferson and the U.S. Attorney General.