Paralegal (Full-Time or Part-Time)
Cheshire Law Group is adding a Paralegal to the team on a full-time OR part-time (25 hours/week) basis. In addition to being passionate about the opportunity to serve our nonprofit clients, this Paralegal will gain exposure to a broad range of projects across the Firm. This role is ideal for an experienced and highly-motivated paralegal who will enjoy working with the nonprofit sector and is driven by the desire to always meet our clients’ needs in a positive, thoughtful, and thorough manner.
Provide legal assistance and support nonprofit organization clients:
- Review, draft, revise, and finalize a wide variety of documents including: contracts, grant agreements, policies, leases, registrations, resolutions, tax, and corporate forms.
- Research tax and other federal, state, and local laws such as lobbying, charitable solicitation, and governance matters.
- Organize and carefully review documents in preparation for mergers and other matters; draft memoranda to document findings.
- Translate complex legal issues into understandable concepts using charts or visual aids.
- Support and/or manage projects and execute required work with little or no supervision
- Communicate directly with clients and manage client expectations
- Monitor legal and compliance issues and client news/events
- Coordinate with outside counsel as needed
- Participate in client meetings as requested
- Contribute to the Firm’s social media accounts by drafting blog posts and alerts
- Prepare materials for seminars and events
- Bachelor’s Degree or Paralegal Certificate required; Associate degree with relevant paralegal experience may be considered.
- Paralegal experience required, with a minimum of three years paralegal experience preferred
- Initiative, appreciable work ethic; “no job is too small” mentality.
- Highly organized; ability to manage multiple priorities; timeliness; tenacious follow-through.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; strategically creative.
- High level of integrity and good judgment.
- Open to constructive criticism, able and eager to apply new knowledge to future projects.
- Sociable interpersonal skills, able to work independently and in a highly collaborative environment.
- Contributes to internal Firm tasks; provides and implements suggestions for improvement that enhance our clients’ experiences and/or the Firm environment.
Background investigation, including a drug screen, will be performed after an offer is extended.
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and interviews are ongoing.
About Cheshire Law Group:
Cheshire Law Group is a for-profit law firm that exclusively serves nonprofit organizations, meeting the unique legal needs of the nonprofit sector by providing high-quality, affordable legal services. We seek systemic solutions and have long-term relationships with many of our clients. Nonprofit organizations of all types and sizes benefit from our assistance with startup, repositioning, crisis management, and our role as “on call” outside general counsel. The Firm is located in the historic Clarkson-Watson House in the Germantown area of Philadelphia, once headquarters of Thomas Jefferson and the U.S. Attorney General.